My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Novi Sad & Petrovaradin Fortress Guided Trip7 Reviews
Step aboard a fast train to Novi Sad on a guided half-day trip from Belgrade. Discover stunning churches, the old town's charming buildings, and the Petrovaradin fortress overlooking the Danube River.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Fast train ride from Belgrade to Novi Sad in just 30 minutes
- Explore Novi Sad's stunning architecture and cultural landmarks.
- Visit the Petrovaradin Fortress and enjoy a breathtaking viewpoint.
- Learn about the city's multiconfessional tradition and European culture.
DescriptionExperience the best of Novi Sad, the 'Serbian Athens', on this unforgettable day trip from Belgrade. Your guide will meet you at the Novi Sad train station (or pick you up for the private tour option) and take you on a comfortable, modern train ride to Novi Sad, which only takes 30 minutes. Upon arrival, embark on a walking tour of Novi Sad's magnificent streets, admiring its stunning architecture and learning about the city's rich history and culture. Start by passing the city Synagogue, a beautiful building that serves as a reminder of Novi Sad's Jewish heritage. From there, you'll head to the central square, Trg Slobode (Liberty Square), where you'll be awed by the grand Roman Catholic Church. This impressive building boasts stunning architecture and intricate details and is a true masterpiece of Novi Sad. Next, pass the Orthodox Bishop's Palace and continue on to Zmaj Jovina and Dunavska Street, which intersect with passages housing a multitude of shops, restaurants, craft shops, museums, and galleries. These streets make up the always-lively pedestrian zone of the central city core, where you can immerse yourself in the local culture and discover the best of what Novi Sad has to offer. You'll also visit the Serbian Orthodox Congregational Church of Saint George, another stunning example of the city's religious landmarks. After exploring the city center, you'll head to the Danube Park and make your way to the Petrovaradin Fortress, crossing the Danube over the famous bridge. The fortress is one of the most significant, preserved European fortifications, and is a symbol of the city's multiconfessional tradition and reliance on European culture. It also offers a great viewpoint from where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the city and the Danube River. Throughout the tour, your knowledgeable guide will provide fascinating insights into the history and culture of Novi Sad, making this a truly unforgettable experience. Don't miss the chance to discover the best of Novi Sad on this day trip from Belgrade!
IncludesTour professional guide Pick-up (public transport)-only for the private tour option
- Please note that this tour includes climbing stairs to the Petrovaradin Fortress, which may be challenging for some individuals with mobility issues.