Western Serbia 1-Day Tour of the Key Sites from Belgrade3 Reviews
Discover the three key sights in Western Serbia on this 1-day trip from Belgrade. Be led by an expert English-speaking guide and ride an old-fashioned railway through scenic wild nature and see the famous House on the Drina.
- Discover Western Serbia on this 1-day tour of the key sites
- Visit the world-famous House on the Drina
- See the famous wooden village built by a well-known director
- Ride on a traditional railway taking in stunning views along the way
- Try the famous cuisine of Western Serbia
DescriptionBe collected from your accommodation in Belgrade and head to the countryside of Western Serbia, which is known for wild and untouched nature. For just over two hours, you can relax and enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Listen to interesting stories about this part of the country from your guide. You will stop at an amazing viewpoint then head to Bajina Bašta, which is a small town in the foothill of Mt. Tara. Here, you will see the world-famous attraction The House on the Drina. This is an isolated house made of logs, which is perched precariously on a river stone. Next, head to the Sargan Eight train and ride this narrow railway. You will pass several viewpoints of the stunning Mokra Gora along the way. The authentic cars with wooden seats, wood burning stoves, and characteristic rattling sound will take you back to 1925, which is when this railway was put in operation. After the ride, continue your journey to the nearby Mećavnik, which is known as the Wooden City. The famous director Emir Kusturica decided to build it during the shooting of his film Life is a Miracle. Here, you will stop to enjoy a traditional lunch. After the meal, you will head back to Belgrade where you will arrive late in the afternoon.
IncludesPickup and drop-off at your accommodation in an air-conditioned vehicle Professional English-speaking guide Entrance fee to Kusturica's Wooden Village Entrance fee to Sargan Eight, which is approximately 7 EUR Food or drink Gratuities (optional)
- The child rate only applies when booked with 2 adults
- If you are the only person on the tour you will be informed at least 24 hours in advance of the tour and you can either pay the supplement of 50% or cancel the tour with no fees
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability