My Guide Website?
Western Serbia 1-Day Tour of the Key Sites from Belgrade83 Reviews BEST SELLER
Discover the three key sights in Western Serbia on this 1-day guided trip from Belgrade. Ride an old-fashioned railway through scenic wild nature and see the famous House on the Drina.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Western Serbia on this 1-day tour of the key sites
- Visit the world-famous House on the Drina
- See the famous wooden village built by a well-known director
- Ride on a traditional railway taking in stunning views along the way
- Try the famous cuisine of Western Serbia
DescriptionBe collected from your accommodation in Belgrade and head to the countryside of Western Serbia, which is known for wild and untouched nature. For just over two hours, you can relax and enjoy the beautiful landscapes. Listen to interesting stories about this part of the country from your guide. You will stop at an amazing viewpoint then head to Bajina Bašta, which is a small town in the foothill of Mt. Tara. Here, you will see the world-famous attraction The House on the Drina. This is an isolated house made of logs, which is perched precariously on a river stone. Next, head to the Sargan Eight train and ride this narrow railway. You will pass several viewpoints of the stunning Mokra Gora along the way. The authentic cars with wooden seats, wood burning stoves, and characteristic rattling sound will take you back to 1925, which is when this railway was put in operation. After the ride, continue your journey to the nearby Mećavnik, which is known as the Wooden City. The famous director Emir Kusturica decided to build it during the shooting of his film Life is a Miracle. Here, you will stop to enjoy a traditional lunch. After the meal, you will head back to Belgrade where you will arrive late in the afternoon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or private car Guide
- You will receive the confirmation at the time of booking
- Pick-up is possible from any hotel, Airbnb, or pension, up to 5 km from Republic Square.
- Please bring some cash as you can pay for the Wooden City entrance fee and lunch only in cash - Serbian Dinars.
- The entrance fee for the train could be paid with a credit card.
- The tour requires a minimum of 3 people to operate
- In case the minimum number of participants is not met, the tour will be canceled or rescheduled, or you will be offered another available tour. You will be informed at least 16 hours before the trip