From Belgrade: Novi Sad & Sremski Karlovci Full-Day Tour61 Reviews
On this complete northern Serbian experience, relax with professional guide in a small group in an air-conditioned vehicle. Become aquatinted with everything about the area on this 8-hour tour.
- Visit Krušedol Monastery, the most important one in the region known as the Holy Mountain of Serbia
- Stroll through the Baroque town of Sremski Karlovci and its narrow streets and enjoy the special atmosphere of this place
- Taste the famous Bermet wine that can't be found anywhere else in Serbia (nor the world)
- Explore the second largest city in Serbia, the charming Novi Sad with its magnificent Petrovaradin Fortress from the 17th century
DescriptionDeparting from your accommodation, head toward the northern Serbian province of Vojvodina. For an hour, you will enjoy the colorful landscapes of the Pannonian Plain while hearing stories about the turbulent history of the area. Reaching the Fruska Gora region, you will find over 16 medieval Orthodox monasteries nested in this region. Explore one on the way toward Sremski Karlovci, a quiet little Baroque town with small houses, churches palaces, gardens and an impressive history. Visit the Chapel of Peace, where a peace treaty was signed. Visit the main square, the Four Lion Fountain, the Karlovci Gymnasium, town hall, Roman Catholic Church, the Serbian Orthodox Church of St. Nicholas and more. You will be able to taste two of the most famous products from the local regions, a famous Bermet wine and Kuglof cake, a touch of German tradition brought to Karlovci by German settlers in the 18th century. Your next stop will be the Petrovaradin Fortress, one of the largest strongholds in Europe still preserved. Built by the Austrian Empire in the 17th and 18th centuries, this fortress played a significant role in defending the middle European countries from Ottoman attacks. You will be able to walk through the fortress, passing through some of its gates and see some of the interesting places from the top like City Museum, the old military barracks and the clock tower. Enjoy the view over the Danube and the city of Novi Sad. As the second largest city in Serbia with its typical Central European appearance and proud history of being a cultural and intellectual center in the Austro-Hungarian Empire for which it earned the nickname 'Serbian Athens.' See the Museum of Vojvodina and Dunavski Park, the largest green area in the city, the beautiful neo-Romantic Serbian Orthodox Bishop’s Palace and visit the Serbian Orthodox Cathedral of St. George from the 18th century with its invaluable iconostasis painted by famous Serbian painter Paja Jovanovic. Walk through the main street further on enjoying the 18th and 19th century architecture as well as endless rows of cafes and restaurants and then reach the Liberty Square, a central point in the city. Here, you will find the town hall, Roman Catholic Cathedral, Finance Palace and the neo-Classical edifice of the oldest city hotel Vojvodina. You will then pass by the Serbian National Theater and reach the city synagogue, the beautiful Hungarian Secession-style building, one of the largest European synagogues still standing. Then, take a break for a traditional Serbian lunch (at your own expense), shopping and enjoying Novi Sad and, at the arranged time, get back into the vehicle and head back to Belgrade.
IncludesSmall group (up to 15 persons) or a private tour Free hotel pick-up and drop off Transport by air-conditioned minivan or private car Professional guide Entrance fees Bermet wine tasting A full traditional Serbian lunch (optional, €10-15 per person)
- The tour includes an entrance to places of worship and so will be asked to wear appropriate clothing
- Travelers must have a moderate physical fitness level
- The tour will never be canceled. However, if you are the only person on tour, a supplement of 50% will be applied. At least 24 hours before the trip, you will be informed if you are the only guest on tour, and be offered a choice between canceling the tour with no fees or paying the supplement of 50% of the price.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability