My Guide Website?
Belgrade: Drina House, Sargan 8 Train & Mokra Gora Day Tour80 Reviews BEST SELLER
Embark on a day trip from Belgrade to admire Western Serbia's scenery. See the famous Drina River House, explore the Mokra Gora Wooden Village, and experience a train ride on the Sargan 8 Railroad.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- Belgrade: Shared Group or Private Guided Walking Tour
- From Belgrade: Novi Sad & Sremski Karlovci Full-Day Tour
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- See authentic Serbian wooden houses in the Mokra Gora Wooden Village
- Enjoy a ride on a unique Sargan 8 railroad
- Take in the beautiful mountain landscapes of Western Serbia
- Stop by to take some great photos of the world-famous Drina House
- Choose between a private or shared tour
DescriptionJoin a day trip from Belgrade to explore the beautiful landscapes of Western Serbia's countryside. Gaze at the unusual Drina River House, explore the Mokra Gora Wooden Village, and discover the historic Sargan 8 Railroad in the company of your guide. Our first stop is Drina River House, a unique house built on a rock in the middle of the Drina River. Take in the stunning scenery and snap some unforgettable photos of this specific sight. This part of Serbia is known for growing raspberries and we recommend that you try the homemade raspberry juice here. Next, we'll head to Mokra Gora Wooden Village, a picturesque village located in the mountains. Enjoy the fresh mountain air and explore the charming wooden houses and streets. The village was built as a filming location by the famous director Emir Kusturica. Our final stop will be at the Sargan 8 Railroad, a narrow-gauge heritage railway that winds through the stunning mountain landscapes. We'll board the train and embark on a journey of breathtaking views, including tunnels, bridges, and impressive curves, all while enjoying the cozy atmosphere of the historic train. After the train ride we will have some time for late lunch and we suggest you to try some local specialties, such as roasted lamb or 'komplet lepinja' - bread that is filled with kajmak (a type of Balkan cream cheese) and two fried eggs. Throughout the day, you'll have a knowledgeable and friendly guide at your disposal, who will share with you interesting facts and stories about the history, culture, and people of Serbia. Our mini vans for tours are comfortable, well-maintained, ensuring a pleasant and reliable travel experience. Note: From November 12th to April 1st, the Sargan 8 railroad is closed for visits. Instead of the train ride, you'll have the opportunity to explore the Tara National Park, specifically the Banjska Stena viewpoint (easy hiking activity). In case of rain or snow, we will visit Zlatibor center area, renowned as one of Serbia's most beloved leisure destinations.
IncludesPickup and drop-off English-speaking tour guide Air-conditioned vehicle
- The activity provider reserves the right to modify the program due to unforeseen circumstances, such as heavy traffic, bad weather conditions, and site closures due to national holidays
- For the shared group option, if the number of participants is less than 4, you will be informed in advance and given the choice to join another tour/date, book a private tour (subject to availability), or cancel the tour without any fees
- From November 1-March 31, the Sargan 8 railroad is closed to tourists. Instead, you will visit Zlatibor Mountain, one of the most popular leisure destinations in Serbia