My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Sargan 8 Railway and Wooden City 1 Day Tour9 Reviews BEST SELLER
Enjoy this day trip from Belgrade to explore some of the fascinating sights of Western Serbia. See the House on the Drina River, ride the Sargan 8 Railway, and see the Wooden City all in one convenient day tour.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a photo with The House on the Drina
- Stop at several viewpoints to see fabulous views over Mokra Gora
- Take a 2.5-hour train ride and enjoy the wonderful scenery along the way
- If the group is more than two people we can organize the trip.
DescriptionThis tour starts with pickup from your accommodation and then heads toward Western Serbia. After a 2.5-hour ride, you’ll reach “The House on the Drina,” an isolated house made of logs on a river stone. Then, depart on the famous Sargan 8 scenic train. During your ride, pass and stop at several viewpoints, where you can see fabulous views over Mokra Gora. After an almost 2.5-hour ride, return to the station and continue your journey to the nearby Mećavnik, or Drvengrad (Wooden City). The famous director Emir Kusturica, a two-time Palme D'Or award winner at the Cannes Film Festival, built it during the shooting of his film, Life is a Miracle. After a meal, head back to Belgrade, arriving in the late afternoon. Sargan 8 scenic train only operates from April 1st to October 31st each year, you'll not be able to take the train at other times. Instead, you'll be taken on a tour of Rača Monastery, the oldest in the Tara Mountains, and learn about the ancient history of the area while admiring the scenery along the way.
IncludesPickup service for travelers Parking fees Fuel surcharge
- Sargan 8 scenic train only operates from April 1st to October 31st each year This experience requires a minimum number of 2 participants You'll receive a confirmation at the time of booking Infants must sit on adult's laps Baby seats can be provided upon request Travelers should be moderately fit This is a private tour; only your group can participate