My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour120 Reviews BEST SELLER
Travel along the Danube from Belgrade to Iron Gates on a guided tour in an air-conditioned vehicle. Step back in time as you visit the famous Golubac Fortress and the Lepenski Vir museum.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Eastern Serbia on this one-day tour of the key sites
- Admire the strength and beauty of the Danube at its widest flow
- Visit amazing Golubac Fortress on Danube bank
- Try locally made products in an authentic restaurant with a spectacular view
- Hear the stories about one of the oldest European civilizations
DescriptionDrive along the winding Danube river on this day trip from Belgrade. Explore the Golubac fortress and discover the oldest Mesolithic sculptures in all of Europe with a visit to the Lepenski Vir museum. Start with pickup from your accommodation and a 2-hour drive toward Eastern Serbia. Take in beautiful landscapes and listen to interesting stories about this part of the country. Stop at Golubac fortress, a defensive complex which used to defend many kingdoms through centuries. Golubac is the perfect fairy-tale castle, wonderfully set off by its location in the rugged landscape at the head of Đerdap Gorge. Admire its nine towers which are 20-25 meters high. Gaze out at views of the Danube from the fortress. Proceed towards the widest part of the Danube at the Iron Gate. Watch at the Danube suddenly gives the impression of the sea. After around 30 minutes of driving, reach the next stop, Lepenski Vir. The early settlement dates back to 7,000-6,000 BC. It marks the beginning of civilization in Europe. View a holographic reconstruction of houses in Lepenski Vir. See more than 100 items (utensils, tools, and instruments, jewelry, altars, sculptures, Neolithic ceramics) illustrating the Mesolithic and Neolithic periods in Lepenski Vir. The setting also involves the reconstruction of burial methods in Lepenski Vir. After the museum, stop in a unique, authentic restaurant with a fantastic view overlooking the Danube to enjoy a traditional lunch made of specialties of the cuisine of Eastern Serbia. Return to Belgrade in the evening hours.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Air-conditioned minivan or private car Guide
- The restaurant doesn't accept credit cards, so payment is possible only with cash
- On a shared tour, you can only buy entrance tickets for 'Zone 1' (the green zone) of Golubac Fortress. The other zones are available only on a private tour, moderate to extremely challenging, and require visitors to be in excellent physical condition. Also, appropriate clothing and footwear are recommended
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The minimum number for a shared tour to operate is three guests
- At least 16 hours before the trip, the activity provider will inform you in case there are not enough guests on tour. You will receive the following options: 1: Cancelling the tour with no fees applied 2: Changing the tour date 3: Moving to another available tour