My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Medieval Monasteries and Resava Cave Tour42 Reviews
On this tour, enjoy a complete Eastern Serbia experience. Get to know everything about the area on this 9-hours tour with live, professional guiding, in a small group and with an air-conditioned vehicle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit famous Ravanica and Manasija orthodox monasteries
- Learn about enormous cultural and historical legacy of the area
- Hear the stories about the turbulent history of Serbia
- Explore the 80-million-year old Resava Cave
- Enjoy a traditional Serbian lunch
DescriptionYour tour starts from your accommodation, where your guide will pick you up. Head towards Pomoravlje District, known as the center of the last Serbian Medieval Kingdom, where monasteries still have enormous cultural and historical legacy and wealth. Your first stop is Ravanica monastery. It was the endowment of Prince Lazar built during the period between 1375 and 1377, with its frescoes painted in the years preceding the Battle of Kosovo. Due to its architectural and artistic features, the Ravanica church can be called the birthplace of the new artistic movement called the Morava school. Continue your ride to Manasija monastery. Manasija monastery is one of the last monuments to Serbian medieval culture, raised by Despot Stefan Lazarević, son of Prince Lazar. The construction of the church, an extravagant fortification and large refectory lasted from 1406 to 1418. The Church of the Holy Trinity, which is part of the monastery, is considered a prime example of Morava architecture. Also marvel at the frescoes in Manasija, together with those in Kalenić, which are the most beautiful of the Morava properties and are considered among the best in old Serbian art in general. After this extraordinary experience, you will visit the Resava cave, one of the oldest in Serbia. The interior of the cave consists of numerous and varied halls, channels, galleries, columns, stalactites, stalagmites, draperies and flowstone waterfalls. Further on, you will enjoy a traditional Serbian lunch in a unique atmosphere, in a restaurant directly below the waterfall. After an unforgettable day, you will head back to Belgrade.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by air-conditioned minivan or private car Guide
- You will receive the confirmation at the time of booking
- The tour includes an entrance to places of worship, so please wear appropriate clothing You should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Pick-up from any hotel, Airbnb, or a pension up to 5 km from Republic Square or from Belgrade port is free of charge. For pick-up locations further than 5 km from Republic Square, please get in touch with us directly.
- The tour requires a minimum of 3 people to operate
- In case the minimum number of participants is not met, the tour will be canceled or rescheduled, or you will be offered another available tour. It will be informed at least 16-hour before the trip