My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: City of Niš - Private Full Day Tour
See all popular landmarks in Nis, a birthplace of the greatest Roman Emperor, Constantine the Great and hear the stories about the city's tumultuous past while visiting Serbia's third largest city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Visit the third largest city in Serbia, the birthplace of Constantine the Great
- Explore Skull Tower in Niš, a macabre reminder of the region's troubled history
- Learn firsthand about the tragic consequences of the Holocaust in Serbia
DescriptionGet an early start with a 8 am pickup from your accommodation in Belgrade. Journey directly to Niš, the third largest city in Serbia and birthplace of Roman Emperor Constantine the Great. Begin your guided sightseeing tour of the city with a visit to Archaeological site Mediana - one of the most important Serbian Late Antiquity archaeological sites, built between III and the beginning of IV century. A villa with a peristyle with more than 1.000m2 of the valuable floor mosaics takes the central place in Mediana. Continue your guided tour with a visit to Skull Tower, a morbid reminder of the ill-fated First Serbian Uprising against the Ottoman empire in the early 19th century. Built from the skulls of fallen rebel fighters, the tower was initially constructed by the Ottoman's as a warning against further rebellion. Expose yourself further to the darker side of Niš with a visit to the Crveni Krst Concentration Camp. Operated by the Nazis during the Second World War, the camp was used to detain as many as 35,000 Jews, Roma, and Serbs. Enter the three-story complex and familiarize yourself with a lesser-known Holocaust site that speaks to the complex history of WWII-era Serbia. Contemplate the area's dark past by viewing the personal belongings of prisoners, hearing stories about the first major escape from a Nazi concentration camp in Europe, and seeing ten prison cells. Mourn the victims of the camp with a stop at Bubanj Memorial Park where more than 10,000 people were executed. Continue on with the sightseeing tour, making stops at Niš Fortress, King Milan Square and the Monument to the Liberators, Cair's Fountain (a well-preserved drinking fountain that forms an important part of the city's architectural heritage), Memorial of Constantine the Great, and City Hall (a stunning example of neoclassicist architecture built in 1925). Finish your tour in Kazandzijsko Sokace or 'Tinkers Alley,' a picturesque, cobble-stoned street located in the old town. Take a photo at the iconic Stevan Sremac and Kalča Monument, located at the entrance to the alleyway. 2 hours break for lunch/shopping etc. before making the drive back to Belgrade.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop off Professional English-speaking guide Professional driver Combined entry ticket to Mediana, Skull Tower, Red Cross Concentration Camp and Archaeological Hall Bottle of water (0.5l)
- Please bring your passport or ID card Please provide the name and address of your accommodation in Belgrade and your contact telephone number, so that the local partner can send you all the necessary information for the upcoming trip (name and contact of your tourist guide, exact pick up time from your address in Belgrade, etc.) Transportation by air-conditioned car (1-3 pax) or minivan (4-7 pax)