My Guide Website?
Belgrade: Private Day-Trip to Niš1 Reviews
Escorted by the professional, English-speaking guide in an air-conditioned vehicle, get to know everything about Niš. Niš is the 3rd biggest city in Serbia, with an exciting mixture of Ottoman heritage, laid-back charm, captivating history and great food.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- Belgrade: Shared Group or Private Guided Walking Tour
- From Belgrade: Novi Sad & Sremski Karlovci Full-Day Tour
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Get a taste of a different Serbia on this full-day trip to Niš
- Learn about the enormous cultural and historical legacy of the area
- Admire the uniique Skull tower
- Enjoy a traditional Serbian lunch
- Explore the birth place of Roman Emperor Constantine the Great
DescriptionYour tour will begin once you are collected from your accommodation. After just over 2 hours of driving, you will reach Niš. From here your day is reserved for your exploration of the birth city of the famous Roman Emperor, Constantine the Great. You will begin by visiting the Niš Fortress, which lies on the bank of Nišava River. It assumed its final shape in 1723, at which point the Turks completed it whilst facing the end of their reign in this area. Its construction required that over 40 stone cutters from Constantinople, and around 400 bricklayers from Niš had to be hired. You will continue your sightseeing of the most important sights in the city including the Banovina Building, The Niš Liberators Monument at King Milan Square, the Monument of well-known Serbian writer Stevan Sremac. You will then explore the Mediana Archeological Site and the infamous Skull Tower (which was erected by the Turks as an example to others of the folly of opposition to their rule). Your tour will then conclude with a visit to the Red Cross Nazi Concentration Camp, which is today a museum. The German Gestapo operated the camp and held captured Jews, Serbians, and Romas during the Second World War. After that, you will have free time for individual activities in Niš and to try some of the traditional delicacies for which Niš is widely famous.
IncludesFree hotel pick-up and drop-off Transport by air-conditioned minivan (4-7 pax) or private sedan car (1-3 pax) Professional English-speaking guide All fuel costs, parking fees, and road tolls Combined ticket for Nazi Concentration Camp, The Scull Tower, and the Archaeological Hall A bottle of water per person Tour organization and 24/7 assistance from a licensed incoming tour operator
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
- Child rates apply only when shared with 2 paying adults
- A moderate amount of walking is involved