My Guide Website?
Fruska Gora and Novi Sad Heritage & Gastro Private Tour
This is a perfect day trip packed with highlights. Understand Serbian history, enjoy baroque architecture, meet Danube and have true gastronomy experience. All of that only an hour away from Belgrade.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Visit historic Krusedol and Grgeteg monasteries and get context from your guide
- Explore the town of Sremski Karlovci and admire its baroque architecture
- Wonder around magnificant Pertrovaradin Fortress and enjoy the view over Danube
- Get personilized tour of Novi Sad with your private guide
- Have a unique gastronomy and wine experience at a local household
DescriptionUnveil Serbia's beauty on an full day private tour. Meet the most important monasteries of Fruska Gora and understand historical role of Sremski Karlovci. Stand atop Petrovaradin Fortress for a majestic view of the Danube. Wonder around Novi Sad and enjoy its beautifull architechure. On top of of that you'll have a unique chance to try famous wines from this area paired with authentic local delights at a charming household. Here is what you'll experience on the tour: Your exploration begins as the guide picks you up at your Belgrade address at 10 am. In less than an hour's drive you'll reach Krusedol Monastery. The moment you step in, you'll understand its imortance. Next stop is Grgeteg monastery which enjoys great respect among Fruska Gora monasteries. One of the reasons is the icon of Holy Mother three-handed. More about its founder and this miraculous icon you’ll learn from your guide along the tour. After a soul-enriching experience your journey continues to Sremski Karlovci. This picturesque baroque town appears frozen in the elegance of the 18th century. Beside historical importance this town is also the capital of wines, including the prestigious Bermet, once enjoyed in many European courts. Next is Petrovaradin Fortress – a true baroque masterpiece and one of Europe's most enchanting fortresses. Rich with tales from the Austro-Hungarian period, your guide will share the intricacies of its 88-year construction. Wander through its historic expanse, soaking in the breathtaking Danube panorama. When we finish with sightseeing it is time for a lunch break. We are stopping at one special place, a family-owned wine cellar. The home-cooked lunch, expertly paired with local wines, delivering a unforgetable experience. Enjoy friendy atmoshere with the personal touch of a skilled cook and a passionate winemaker. Note that during the winter closure of the wine cellar, an alternative lunch awaits at a Danube-side restaurant near Novi Sad. After a culinary adventure, the next destination is charismatic city of Novi Sad. With your guide you'll discover key landmarks and immersing yourself in the captivating history that has sculpted the identity of this charming city.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bottled water Private guide Transportation during the tour
- This tour requires moderate walking During the winter period wine cellar is closed and an alternative for lunch is a restaurant on the Danube bank, close to Novi Sad In case of any food restrictions please inform us during the booking process