My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Zica and Studenica Medieval Monasteries Tour
Visit the most important medieval monasteries and experience the essence of Orthodox spirituality. In an easy and understandable way find out why these sites have a special place in Serbian history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Learn more about turbulent Serbian medieval history in a simplified way
- Have a guided tour in Studenica with explanation of the art and frescoes
- Enjoy beautiful landscape and find out why the area is called 'Valley of Kings'
- Try local specialities for lunch in a authentic local village after the tour
DescriptionUncover Serbian medieval history with this full day private tour. Meet the most important monasteries, learn about their history, frescoes and architecture. Visit a place where Serbian kings had their coronations and see in person why Studenica is listed as Unesco cultural good. Enjoy a scenic drive along the 'valley of the Kings' and have true Serbian lunch in one of the oldest restaurants. Here is what you'll experience on the tour: Your guide will pick you up in the morning from your address in Belgrade and you will head to central Serbia. After 2 hours drive you will reach town Kraljevo (Kingstown), and your guide will tell you the reason for that interesting name. First stop is Zica Monastery, distinguished by its striking red facade. In medieval Serbia, this site held immense significance, serving as the center of the autonomous Serbian Orthodox Church from the 13th century. During the visit you’ll learn from your guide how important Žiča was in Serbian medieval life. On the way to next destination you'll have a chance to enjoy a breathtaking scenary as we drive through the famous Ibar valley. Keep a keen eye out for the remnants of the splendid medieval Maglic Fortress, an additional highlight in this region. Following the course of the Ibar River our journey leads us to the UNESCO site—Studenica Monastery, an architectural marvel standing for 800 years. Take in the tranquility of Studenica as you admire at the exquisite interior of the main church, a sublime display of medieval fresco art spanning from the 12th century onwards. Find out how many saints are buried here and why Studenica is so respected in Christian Orthodox tradition. On the way back to Belgrade you'll stop at another unique place. 'Kod Mira' restaurant is run for 200 years by the same family and you'll have a chance to try their local specialites.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bottled water Private guide Transportation during the tour
- This tour requires moderate walking