My Guide Website?
Between East and West - Belgrade Private City Tour
Put all the pieces of Belgrade's turbulent history puzzle together in a way which can be easily comprehended even if you aren't a history nerd.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Learn about turbulent history of Belgrade Fortress and explore charming Zemun
- Feel the contrast between once Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian part of the city
- Enjoy the amazing view over the conflunce of Sava and Danube
- Find out from your guide why Belgrade was bombed more than 140 times in history
- Stroll down the vibrant Danube Promenade
DescriptionDiscover Belgrade's story on a private tour, unraveling its history from ancient times to the present day. Explore the heart of the city at Belgrade Fortress and observe the differences between modern Zemun, a relic of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, and historic Belgrade under Ottoman influence. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Sava and Danube rivers. Here is what you'll experience on the tour: Begin your day with a direct journey to the fortress after pickup. The fortress walls whisper stories from 2000 years, detailing why Belgrade earned the title 'Rampart of Christianity'. Turkish terms like Sahat tower and Stambol gate will be explained by your private guide. Learn the fascinating history of the Victor monument, once a point of shame for Serbs and admire the breathtaking view over the confluence of Sava and Danube rivers. Within the fortress, explore the open exhibition of the Belgrade Military Museum. Marvel at WWI and WWII weaponry, including a '99 Yugoslav Army missile launcher that downed the 'invisible' F-117 stealth bomber. Your guide will share the intriguing tale how Yugoslav Air Defence's radar detected and successful hit this airplane. Enjoy the Kalemegdan Park, once a battlefield in Ottoman times, now a modern public park. Your guide reveals the meaning of 'Kalemegdan' and shares the story about important monument of 'Gratitude to France'. From downtown of Belgrade you move on to Zemun, passing through the cultural gem of Kosancicev Venac. Marvel at landmarks such as St. Michael's Church, Princes Ljubica's Mansion, and the Patriarchy building. Uncover the charm of Zemun's Gardoš with ancient houses, churches, and many hidden gems. Feel the leisurely pulse of local life, where time takes a slower pace than bustling Belgrade streets. The Millennium Tower crowns Gardoš and offers a mesmerizing view of Zemun and the Danube. Wrap up the adventure with a cup of coffee in a local cafee or just stroll down the picturesque promenade along the Danube. After the tour you'll be dropped off to your accommodation or you can chose to stay to continue exploration on your own.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bottled water Private guide Transportation during the tour
- This tour requires moderate walking