My Guide Website?
Saint Sava Temple guided tour
Visit the main attraction of Belgrade and one of the largest churches in the world with spectacular mosaics and breathtaking crypt. Learn about Saint Sava, a Serbian prince who became a Ortodox monk.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Learn about Saint Sava life, the most important figure of Serbian history
- See the spectacular architecture of the church and 79 meter high dome
- Discover fascinating mosaic made from 50 million pieces of glass,stones and gold
DescriptionHave you ever wondered why people in Serbia say that their churches and monasteries are doors to the world and windows to the heavens? Do you know how many Serbian monarchs became saints and why? Find out more about Serbian culture, customs and tradition. Visit one of the biggest Ortodox churches in world and be 1 of 10,000 people who can enter in there at the same time. Learn about differences between Orthodox and Catholicism. Get to know diferences in architecture of churches throughout the centuries and hear the stories about Saint Sava, first Archbishop (Archiepiscopus) of the autocephalous Serbian Church, the founder of Serbian law, and a diplomat. At Athos he established the monastery of Hilandar, which became one of the most important cultural and religious centres of the Serbian people. Saint Sava is widely considered one of the most important figures of Serbian history so here you will have a chance to realize why. In this tour, you are going to see and to explore serbian-byzantine style church, 79 meters high with its fascinating mosaic made from 50 million pieces of Murano colored glass, stones and gold.
Includesprofessional tour guide Entrance ticket for Saint Sava temple (all visitors in orzanized tours need to pay an entry fee)
- This is the walking tour inside and outside the temple, with professional tour guide who will give you details and information about the church and Saint Sava. The guide can give you further directions but he/she will stay at the spot after the tour.