My Guide Website?
From Belgrade to Sarajevo: Western Serbia Private Day Tour
Discover the beauty of Western Serbia on a guided day trip from Belgrade to Sarajevo. Witness unique architecture, revisit history, and savor authentic local cuisine.
- See the wild and scenic beauty of Mokra Gora
- Enjoy a train ride on the historic WWI Sargan Eight Railway
- Experience the eccentric traditional wooden village of Mećavnik
- Indulge in the piquant flavors of local delicacies of West Serbia
- Unwind on a relaxing drive to Sarajevo
DescriptionExplore the beauty, culture, and heritage of Western Serbia on a full-day guided tour from Belgrade to Sarajevo. Experience the unique Timbertown, the scenic Sargan Eight Railway, and authentic traditional lunch. Starting from Belgrade, the first stop is Mećavnik-Drvengrad or Timbertown. It was built by the famous Serbian director Emir Kusturica (two times Palme D’Or winner) during the shooting of his film Life Is a Miracle. See unique wooden architecture and sites where vintage cars are parked on twisting streets named after celebrities such as Bruce Lee and Diego Maradona. Next up, stop for a delicious traditional lunch made of local specialties (cost not included). Enjoy a train ride on the historic Sargan Eight Railway. Authentic cars with wooden seats, wood-burning stoves, and characteristic rattling sounds will take you back to 1925 when this train was started, connecting Belgrade to the Adriatic Sea. Soak in the ethereal views of the Mokra Gora as you pass through and stop at several viewpoints throughout the two-and-a-half-hour ride. Return to the departing station and arrive at Sarajevo by car or van in the evening.
IncludesPrivate multi-stop trip Hotel pickup Drop-off in Sarajevo Transport via private air-conditioned vehicle Guide
ExcludesFood and drinks Entry to attractions Tips (optional)
- This activity only takes place between April 1 and October 31 Suitable for individuals with a moderate level of fitness