My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Highlights of Iron Gates Gorge Private Tour
This tour ticks all the boxes! In a full-day private tour you'll have a perfect match of cultural and natural sites. Meet in depth the Iron Gates and find out why this is a must see spot in Serbia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Get deeper in the canyon and admire the most attractive parts of the Iron Gates
- Optional private boat ride with a local captain for the unfogettable experience
- Explore Golubac Fortress and Lepenski Vir archelogical site with private guide
- See the widest and the narowest point of Danube through its all flow
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the National Park
DescriptionSpend a great day exploring East Serbia main tourist attractions. Meet gorgeous Golubac fortress, discover the oldest urban settlement in Europe and admire the incredible views over the Danube. For a full Iron Gates experience, book a optional boat ride and discover the real meaning of the name- Iron Gates. Here is what you'll experience on the tour: After a morning pick up from your address, you have a two hours ride before reaching Golubac town. At the widest point of the Danube lies famous Golubac fortess. This medieval fort dominates the area and impresses everyone with its size and location. You'll have a guided tour through several towers and learn more about its turbulent history. From Golubac you'll enjoy a 45 minutes scenic drive untill you get to Lepenski Vir. Here you'll meet remains of the oldest urban settlement in Europe. From your guide find out more about this civilisation which existed more than 10.000 years ago. Next you'll get to the place where it will make sence why this place is called the Iron Gates. Deeper into the canyon you'll find the most attractive part - ravines Mali and Veliki kazan. Expect a breathaking views but also some intriguing sights. Like a huge carved face on the other side of the Danube, which will be explained by your guide. After all this exitements it is time for a well deserved lunch break. Lucky, we know a perfect place with a great local food paired with amazing views over the Danube. Optional Private Boat Ride For the unfogettable experience, book a private boat ride and feel the Danube. It will give you a unique chance to see in person Tabula Traiana. This Roman tablet dates from the II century AD and it is only accessible from the water. You'll get to see closer Decibel's carved statue, deepest and the narrowest point of Danube and much more. All of that in detail explained from the local captain and your guide. In the late afternoon you'll get back to Belgrade.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Bottled water Private guide Transportation during the tour
- This tour requires moderate walking