From Belgrade: Full Day Tour to Resava Valley6 Reviews
Set off for a trip through time and travel through millions of years! Discover the hidden treasure of Mother Nature and the monumental gems of the Serbian medieval state.
- Journey back to the 15th century within walls of Manasija
- Walk through the maze in the stunning Resava Cave
- Feel the refreshing splashes of the Lisine waterfall
DescriptionDiscover the gemstones of Mother Nature and medieval culture in the flourishing Resava valley. Be ready for departure in front of your accommodation in Belgrade at 9:00 am. You will be picked up and transferred in a comfortable minivan. The first stop will be after a 1.5 hour drive accompanied by an interesting story of your guide. Learn about the medieval Serbian State on your way to beautiful Šumadija and arrive somewhere inbetween the green hills of the vivid Resava River gorge, where the medieval Manasija Monastery is located. Discover this complex with its magical atmosphere. It was built as a real military fortification with towers and walls in order to protect the Church of the Holy Trinity from the Ottomans. It was built during the rule of Despot Stefan Lazarević in the early 15th century. Turks conquered the Monastery in the 15th century, then Austrians in the 18th, so in the 19th century the Monastery was restored twice. Floor mosaics and wall frescoes along with architectural objects of Manasija represent a real rarity for Serbian medieval architecture and old Serbian painting. Visit Resava Cave that was not discovered long ago. It holds the title of one of the most interesting caves in Serbia and its natural beauty is protected by the state law. The next sight is beautiful Lisine Waterfall, located in a mountainous green area. You will enjoy the view of crystal clear water and the peaceful sound of nature.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Licensed guide Air-conditioned vehicle Private or shared tour (depending on option chosen) Lunch Monastery souvenir
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirement
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Be aware that you will visit a cave with a constant temperature of 7 degrees centigrade and a jacket may be required
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability