My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Drina River House, Sargan 8 Train & Drvengrad2 Reviews
Explore the spectacular nature of western Serbia while enjoying the Sargan 8 train ride, hear the story behind the Drina River house and step into the charming wooden town where life is a miracle.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- See the iconic house on a rock on the Drina River
- Admire the pristine nature of western Serbia
- Take the railroad ride of a lifetime in a 90-year-old steam engine
- Take a glimpse into the wooden town where the movie Life is a Miracle was filmed
DescriptionGo off the beaten path and explore the best of western Serbia. Photograph the peculiar Drina River house – the only Serbian landmark posted on the cover of National Geographic Magazine, and travel back in time on a scenic ride on the Sargan 8 train. Explore a wooden town created as a movie set and enjoy spectacular views along the way on this private or small-group tour. The tour starts at 7:00 AM from your accommodation in Belgrade. Travel for 2.5 hours in an air-conditioned car or minivan and arrive at the Gate of Podrinje viewpoint, marking the entrance to the magical Drina River Valley. Continue to Bajina Basta, a small city famous for being the home of the Drina River house. This unusual house was built in 1968 by local students and was made famous by National Geographic Magazine. Take a quick break to explore the area and enjoy a coffee or tea. Next, drive 45 minutes towards Mokra Gora Railway Station, where you will start the Sargan 8 railroad ride. Authentic cars with wooden seats will take you back to 1925 when this railroad connected Belgrade with the Adriatic Sea. Hop on the train 'Nostalgia' and ride up to the cliff at Jatare Station where you can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. After a 2.5-hour ride, you will return to the starting point. The last stop is in Drvengrad or 'Woodentown,' an ethno village developed by the well-known movie director, Emir Kusturica, as a set for his movie Life is Miracle. All the objects including the hotel, shops, church, and cinema are made of natural materials. Before starting the return trip, break for lunch and try some regional specialties. Drop-off will be provided at your accommodation in Belgrade at approximately 8:00 PM.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off Professional English-speaking guide Professional driver Sargan 8 ticket Entry ticket to Wooden Town Bottle of water (0.5l)
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Please provide the name and the address of your accommodation in Belgrade and contact telephone number so that the local partner can send you all the necessary information for the upcoming trip (the name and contact of your tourist guide, exact pick up time from your address in Belgrade, etc. ).
- During the peak tourist season, there is a strong possibility that tickets for the Sargan 8 sell out. This applies especially to last-minute bookings
- Shared group tour requires a minimum of 3 people to run. If the minimum number of passengers isn't met, you will be offered a choice between choosing another date. canceling the tour for a full refund, or paying a surcharge for a private tour.
- Transportation by air conditioned car (1-3 pax) or minivan (4-7 pax)