From Belgrade: Private Day Trip to Romania6 Reviews
Spend the day in Romania and get a taste for a different culture on a private day trip to Timișoara from Belgrade. Explore one of Romania's biggest cities, built on the site of an ancient Roman fortress.
- Visit the historic city of Timișoara
- Explore the first city in Europe to use horse-drawn trams and electric street lightning
- Hear stories about the 1989 revolution against the Communist regime
- Get some free time to explore on your own and find a nice spot for lunch
DescriptionDepart Belgrade and relax in air-conditioned comfort on the 2.5-hour journey to Timișoara across the border in western Romania. Meet a local guide on arrival to take a 2.5-hour tour of the historic inner city of Cetate, and admire the Baroque and Art Nouveau buildings and large public squares from the Austrian Empire. Gaze at the impressive Timișoara Orthodox Cathedral, along with the Romanian Opera House. Continue to Liberty Square to see the Old City Hall that reflects the city's mix of cultures and religions. Move on to Union Square, dominated by St. George's Cathedral, and then walk through the ruins of the old fortress. Discover highlights such as the defensive walls of the Theresia Bastion, and then break for lunch at your own expense and follow your guide`s recommendations taste traditional food at a local restaurant. Get about 3 hours of free time in the afternoon to explore at leisure before the return journey to Belgrade.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Transportation by private air-conditioned vehicle Private tour Professional driver Tour of Timisoara with a local guide
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to the border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability