Underground & Dungeons of Belgrade Fortress Walking Tour29 Reviews
Learn about Belgrade's hidden secrets while visiting 4 underground sites in the Belgrade fortress: Army bunker, gunpowder warehouse, Roman well and dungeon.
- Visit the Roman well and find out why it is Hitchcock's favorite place in Belgrade
- Learn about Serbia during the Cold War while visiting an army bunker
- Explore an exhibition of sarcophagus, tombs and altars from the Roman period
- Learn about jails and torture mechanisms from medieval times
DescriptionEnjoy a walking tour around the fortress of Belgrade and learn about Belgrade's history. Your first stop will be the Roman well built by the Austrians in 18th century. Hear about the many mysteries connected to it, and why it is considered Alfred Hitchcock's favorite spot in Belgrade. Your tour will continue to an army bunker, dating back to the beginning of the Cold War-era. It reveals long kept secrets of Communist Yugoslavia. If you're a fan of archeology, you will enjoy the Roman lapidarium in the Gunpowder Warehouse, where Roman artifacts from the territory of Serbia are exhibited. The history lesson will end at the dungeons where you will be able to learn about the dark medieval times and torture mechanisms used during that period. The tour will last 2-hours and it will be led by a professional tour guide.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional tour guide Gratuities (recommended) Personal expenses
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY