My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Private Full-Day Trip to Budapest4 Reviews
Grab your passport and cross the border to Budapest on this private full-day tour from Belgrade. Check off sights like the 13th century Buda Castle, the magnificent St. Stephen's Basilica and the iconic Chain Bridge and stroll around Heroes Square.
- Get a taste of Hungary while you're in Belgrade on a full-day trip to Budapest
- Travel through the picturesque countryside to Hungary’s capital
- Take a panoramic tour to see landmarks including the Parliament building and Chain Bridge on the Danube River
- View the UNESCO-listed Buda Castle district, the city's medieval birthplace
- Have free time to stroll, shop and have lunch (own expense) in the city
- See the Matthias Church, Fisherman’s Bastion and Heroes Square
DescriptionMeet your driver at your accommodation in Belgrade and settle into your private vehicle for the 3.5-hour journey to Budapest (365 kilometers, only highway). On arrival, greet your local guide and set off on a comprehensive 3-hour city tour of Budapest, starting with the view from Gellert Hill. Enjoy an unbeatable panorama of the city and the Danube River as your guide fills you in on the city's two halves: Buda, the ancient seat of the Hungarian kings and Pest, the heart of the modern city. Start your explorations in Buda with a tour of the medieval castle and follow your guide around Trinity Square, Fisherman's Bastion and Matthias Church. After snapping photos of the grand Buda Castle, which dates from the 13th century, cross the iconic Chain Bridge into Pest, stopping to admire the magnificent Hungarian Parliament building on the waterfront. Browse the shops along lively Vaci Street, then take a peek inside the opulent St. Stephen's Basilica, where the star attraction is, somewhat bizarrely, the right hand of its namesake King Stephen. Next, stroll down the elegant Andrassy Avenue, home to the lavish Hungarian State Opera House, and marvel over the monuments of Heroes Square. For lunch (own expense), follow your guide's recommendations and tuck into some traditional Hungarian cuisine at a local restaurant. Gulyas stew will be a good choice. In the afternoon, enjoy around 3-hours of free time to wander around the city independently, hit the shops or take a soak at the famous Gellert bath (admission not included). Around 17:00, meet up with your guide for the return trip to Belgrade and finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.
IncludesPrivate tour Accompaniment by friendly, professional driver Highlight city tour of Budapest with a local expert guide Transport by private vehicle Hotel pick-up and drop-off
ExcludesFood and drinks Gratuities (optional)
- Please check visa requirements, Hungary is an EU country
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A current valid passport will be required on the day of travel
- You must confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- In the period 01.07. - 31.08. the tour is not operating, due to long waiting time on the border