My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress & 1h Iron Gate Speed Boat32 Reviews BEST SELLER
Join this full-day historical tour and learn about medieval Serbia. Enjoy 1 hour speed boat ride on the Danube widest point along with entrance to Iron Gates and see the fortress from Danube as well.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn about medieval Serbia at Golubac Fortress
- See the Golubac Fortress from water
- Find out about Serbian history and culture with your guide
- Benefit from included pickup and drop-off in Belgrade
- Enjoy 1 hour speed boat ride on Danube
DescriptionTake a full-day guided tour to eastern Serbia and discover the most interesting historical attractions of this region along the Danube River. Enjoy pickup and drop-off in Belgrade. After pickup in Belgrade, begin your historical adventure by heading to the Golubac Fortress, located at the entrance to the Iron Gate, the longest gorge in Europe and the widest flow of the Danube. Upon arrival, admire the impressive fortress, which was the among top 3 location choices for the filming of the 'Game of Thrones' series. Explore Golubac's visitor center, palace, and towers. Walk along the Danube and enjoy beautiful views. After Golubac fortress, short drive to Golubac town, where our speed boat departs. Speedboat is going around the fortress and on Danube's widest point along with entrance to Iron Gates. After speed boat ride, free time for lunch in local restaurant in Golubac town. Our mini vans for tours are comfortable, well-maintained, ensuring a pleasant and reliable travel experience.
IncludesFull-day tour Pickup and drop-off English-speaking tour guide Air-conditioned vehicle
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For the shared group option, if the number of persons is less than 4, you will be informed in advance and given the choice to join another group, book a private tour (subject to availability), or cancel the tour without any fees
- In case that weather conditions are not suitable for speed boat ride, visit to Lepenski vir archelogical site will be organized (Lepenski vir entrance ticket - 500 Rsd, approximate 4.5 Eur). Speed boat is operating from 28th April till 1st October.
- Pick up is available from accommodations up to 5km from Republic Square. If your hotel is further we will inform you a day before the tour if pick up will be available from your accommodation or from scheduled meeting point.
- Children under age of 13 are not allowed on the tour.