My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Full-Day Guided Tour of West Serbia28 Reviews
Embark on a full-day guided trip to Western Serbia from Belgrade. Follow the Drina River and cross the Ovčar-Kablar Canyon. Ride on the retro Šargan 8 Rail and explore the village of Wooden Town.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Check out attractive viewpoints along the Drina River
- Travel through time aboard an old, charming Šargan 8 train
- Be a part of a movie scenography at charming Wooden town
DescriptionPrepare yourself for an exciting and unforgettable adventure set in Western Serbia, the most naturally vibrant region in the country. With a morning departure from Belgrade, this unforgettable day will start with a drive to wild and almost untouched nature, tasty cuisine, and friendly and hospitable people. The route leads us to drive along the gorgeous Drina River where we will have a unique opportunity to see the world-famous attraction, “The House on the Drina” an isolated house made of logs on a river stone. The cherry on top will be the breathtaking view from the viewpoint positioned above the stunning landscape composed of high mountains and the Drina River itself. Our first goal on the tour is a unique retro “Šargan 8 Railway”. The unique drive with the retro-train called “Nostalgy” will bring you back to times passed and let you fully enjoy the scenery and numerous tunnels. While enjoying amazing landscapes you will learn how this project was a huge victory of technology over nature, why it is named by a number, and how it became Europe’s most attractive narrow gauge railway. After this “time travel” ride, something equally fabulous awaits us in the continuation of the tour. Film fans will be overjoyed to visit the breathtaking Ethno-village “Wooden Town” that famous director Emir Kusturica built. All the objects at this charming complex are made from natural materials, mostly wood. An especially interesting and glamorous event happening in this town is the film festival “Kustendorf”, a highly respected annual celebration of motion pictures. Drive through the picturesque Ovčar-Kablar Canyon that extends above the meanders of the Western Morava River. Enjoy more of the beautiful Western Serbia scenery before heading back to Belgrade.
IncludesProfessional, licensed guide Transport by ar-conditioned car, van, or minibus Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The minimum number of participants for a shared tour is 3. At least 24 hours before the trip, the activity provider will inform you if there are not enough guests on tour, and they will offer a choice between canceling the tour for a full refund, changing the tour date, or moving to another available tour Free pick-up is available from any hotel up to 5 km from Republic Square. If your accommodation is in the pedestrian zone, the pick-up point will be very close to your accommodation. For pick-up locations further than 5 km from Republic Square, please get in touch with us directly.