My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Danube Tour and Iron Gate National Park5 Reviews
Experience all the major attractions within Iron Gate National Park and take the most beautiful pictures of the legendary blue Danube on this full-day private or group tour by a car or a mini van.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Belgrade:If youʻre booking your trip to Belgrade last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Belgrade: Self-Guided Audio Walking Tour
- Belgrade: Resava Cave, Manasija Monastery & Lisine Waterfall
- Belgrade: Top Attractions & Belgrade Neighborhoods Big Tour
- From Belgrade: Golubac Fortress and Iron Gate Gorge Tour
- Belgrade: Sunset Sightseeing Cruise with Drinks
- Marvel at the centuries-old fortress in Golubac
- Visit the Kovilovo viewpoint
- Discover the history of Serbia at the Lepenski Vir archeological site
- See the most beautiful part of Iron Gate National Park
DescriptionVisit the Golubac Fortress, Lepenski Vir archaeological site, and more on a full-day tour. The tour starts at 8:00 AM with pickup from your accommodation in Belgrade. Drive 2 hours to Golubac Fortress, a 14th-century structure located at the entrance of the Iron Gate National Park. Explore the Green Zone of the fortress and admire the widest point of the Danube below. The next stop on the tour is the Lepenski Vir archeological site, one of the oldest urban settlements in Europe, populated 8,000 years ago. Learn the history of the site from your certified guide. Afterwards, take a short walk in order to reach Kovilovo viewpoint from which you will enjoy the view of the entire Valley of Donji Milanovac, where the Danube is 2 km wide. Continue with a scenic drive through Iron Gate Gorge, the longest gorge in Europe, that consists of four gorges and three valleys. The most beautiful gorges are Mali and Veliki Kazan, where the Danube narrows to just 140 meters and reaches a depth of more than 90 meters. Stop at a viewpoint next to the road and admire the most stunning part of the Danube. Here, see the statue of King Decebalus, the last king of Dacia, commemorated as the tallest rock sculpture in Europe. Around 2:00-3:00 PM, break for lunch and try some traditional Serbian dishes in a local restaurant. Return to Belgrade. Drop off at your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Professional English-speaking guide Professional driver Entry ticket to Golubac Fortress ( only ticket to Green Zone of the Fortress), Kovilovo Viewpoint and Lepenski Vir archaeological site Bottle of water (0.5l)
- Please bring your passport or ID card
- Please provide the name and address of your accommodation in Belgrade and your contact telephone number, so that the local partner can send you all the necessary information for the upcoming trip (name and contact of your tourist guide, exact pick up time from your address in Belgrade, etc.)
- Shared Group Tour requires a minimum of 3 people to run. If the minimum number of passengers isn't met, you will be offered a choice between choosing another date, cancelling the tour for full refund, or paying a surcharge for a private tour.
- Transportation by air-conditioned car (1-3 pax) or minivan (4-7 pax)