My Guide Website?
From Belgrade: Danube River and Iron Gate Gorge Tour61 Reviews
Travel along the Danube from Belgrade to Iron Gates with a professional guide and on an air-conditioned vehicle. Visit the famous Golubac Fortress and Lepenski Vir museum with oldest Mesolithic sculptures in all of Europe.
- Discover Eastern Serbia on this one-day tour of the key sites
- Admire the strength and beauty of the Danube at its widest flow
- Visit amazing Golubac Fortress on Danube bank
- Try locally made products in an authentic restaurant with a spectacular view
- Hear the stories about one of the oldest European civilizations
DescriptionThe tour starts with a 2-hour drive toward Eastern Serbia, enjoying the beautiful landscapes and listening to interesting stories about this part of the country. The first stop is Golubac fortress, a defensive complex which used to defend many kingdoms through centuries. Golubac is the perfect fairy-tale castle, wonderfully set off by its location in the rugged landscape at the head of Đerdap Gorge. There are nine towers in all, each between 20 and 25m high, and combined with the interesting position of the fortress leaning over the Danube. They make Golubac undoubtedly one of the most beautiful castles along the 2,850km Danube odyssey from source to the Black Sea. Proceed the adventure towards the widest flow Danube river has, the famous Iron Gate. Its sheer size leaves no one untouched as the Danube suddenly gives the impression of the sea. After around 30 minutes of driving, reach the next stop, Lepenski Vir. The early settlement of Lepenski Vir was first uncovered in 1965. The works brought to light sacred architecture and monumental sculptures from one of the oldest Danube cultures, dating back to 7,000-6,000 BC, also marking the beginning of civilization in Europe. See more than 100 items (utensils, tools, and instruments, jewelry, altars, sculptures, Neolithic ceramics) illustrating the Mesolithic and Neolithic periods in Lepenski Vir. The setting also involves the reconstruction of burial methods in Lepenski Vir and a holographic reconstruction of houses in Lepenski Vir. After the museum, stop in a unique, authentic restaurant with a fantastic view overlooking the Danube to enjoy a traditional lunch made of specialties of the cuisine of Eastern Serbia. Return to Belgrade in the evening hours.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off Transport by air-conditioned minivan or a private car A professional, English-speaking guide Entrance fee for Lepenski Vir Museum (500 Serbian dinar per person) Entrance fee for Golubac Fortress (600 Serbian dinar per person) Lunch (1200 Serbian dinar per person, optional) Drinks Gratuities
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- If you book the small group option and you are the only person on the tour, a supplement of 50% will be applied
- At latest 24 hours before the trip, you will be informed in the case that you are the only guest on tour, and will be offered a choice between canceling the tour with no fees applied, or paying the supplement of 50% of the price