Belgrade: Mokra Gora, Drvengrad, and Sargan 8 Railroad Tour28 Reviews
Take a day trip from Belgrade to admire Western Serbia's scenery, explore the Drvengrad ethno village, and experience a train ride on the Sargan 8.
- See authentic Serbian wooden houses in the Drvengrad ethno village
- Enjoy a ride on a unique Sargan 8 railroad
- Take in the beautiful mountain landscapes of Western Serbia
- Stop by to take some great photos of the world-famous Drina House
DescriptionTravel to Western Serbia to the beautiful Mokra Gora. Visit the Drvengrad ethno complex along the way and ride the Sargan 8 railroad. Note: from November 1st until March 31st Sargan 8 railroad is closed for visits. Instead of train ride, you will visit Zlatibor mountain, one of the most popular leisure destinations in Serbia. The narrow-gauge, figure-8-shaped Sargan railroad in Mokra Gora has been recently rebuilt and is a popular area attraction. Enjoy a ride through the area’s stunning landscapes. Next stop on the 12-hour trip is the ethno complex of Drvengrad. The town was built as a filming location by the famous director Emir Kusturica. On the way back to Belgrade, you will make a stop at the Drina River bank to take some photos of the unique house on the river. See authentic Serbian wooden houses from the 18th century, two restaurants, accommodation, a library, a gallery, a cinema, and a souvenir shop. Explore the town as your guide provides commentary on the local culture.
IncludesPickup and drop-off English-speaking tour guide Entrance to Drvengrad Sargan 8 train ride (from November 11-March 31, Sargan 8 railroad is closed for visits, you will instead visit Zlatibor mountain) Lunch and drinks Personal expenses Optional tips
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing suitable for the weather
- The local partner reserves the right to modify the program due to unforeseen circumstances (traffic, bad weather conditions, site closures due to national holidays, reconstructions, or similar)
- From November 1-March 31 Sargan 8 railroad is closed for tourists. Instead of the train ride, you will visit Zlatibor mountain, one of the most popular leisure destinations in Serbia
- In case the train ride is not available on the booked date, an alternative will be provided
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY